Writer in the Making- An Eye Opener


I came across this competition and it got me thinking about ‘my calling’. I want to just build on my own experience!  “Your Calling—Your Story” a writing contest by the Positive Writer.   If you follow this link, you will see what it is all about.  If you have a blog, you can enter this competition.



Chetan Bhagat, Ravinder Singh- are some of the names which inspired me to kick off my journey as a budding writer. Will I be able to write? Will I be a good writer? Which genre will I pen down? Were some of the questions that kept lingering in my mind. Then, there came a turning point in my life where I was compelled to write my first research paper in order to complete my MTech degree. Amidst all the circumstances, I was relishing writing that manifesto. I was unaware that was a watershed in my life. “I stopped looking for the light. Decided to become it instead”.

The journey has been a roller coaster ride with ups and downs. Being a content writer, I had to undergo interviews after interviews. My life was going great being a lecturer in a government college. As is said, we need to take up challenges if we want to achieve more. It was not easy at all. Thoughts were contemplating me sometime positive and sometime negative. What if I don’t succeed? But I was certain and determined to carve a niche for me amidst all the chaos. Constantly, I was learning that it would be better to fill my mind with positivity instead of filling it with anxiety, worry, temptation and resentment.

Rejection is what we all are afraid of. Am I right? Let me unfold this bitter truth “Rejection is the key to fame”. I was facing rejection after rejection as the time passed. I was losing hope of becoming a writer. After some months, finally my day came and I saw a silver lining. Woah!!! I am selected. I had my offer letter within my mail. I saw that mail not once, twice, thrice but again and again.



“Congratulations you are selected”. Those words were pleasing to my eyes which were embedded in the deep hollows of treasure. And I realise only today. To all the smiles that pop, I got the key to open the door in the making of a writer. This was the just a step forward, the whole new road was waiting for me to lay my footprints forward.
How much for the ticket? I asked the conductor. 90 Rupee mam. I gave him 500 Rupee note and he said he will give the change later. I got the bus and forgot to collect the change. I was surrounded by nervousness, anxiousness and all sorts of mixed feeling. I dressed up in the best formals I had in my wardrobe after all it was my first corporate day. My CEO was a Salesforce freak. He was expecting me to be the alike. I was keen enough to engage myself and adapt in the work life. I did it and I was receiving all kinds of appreciation for what I was original, unique, fresh, innovative and on top of that for being ME as a writer.
There was no turning back after that and I was having a prodigious time of my life. I switched from one organization to another and my skills were improving. Now, I was a designer come writer come business analyst and I was acute to extend it all. The afterthoughts came one after another. Why aren’t I am not working for myself? Was this my ambition to just work for an organization?
“Let me start blogging” came from my inner voice and I began writing for myself. I like to write on multifarious subjects. This became the base for my blog. Blogging is not a rocket science It is indeed being yourself and putting forth your views. I just want to end up with saying that “Never compare your beginning to someone else’s middle”.
I am growing, rising and budding as a writer and want to motivate others as well. Go there and conquer the world. This world is an open stage. Perform as being YOU.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting: The New Age Buzz

Rajma Stories!!!

How Coronavirus: A serious pandemic are caused by hidden global warming