Rajma Stories!!!

 


Food is always special it’s not meant to just satiate your hunger but it is a feeling, an emotion and a conversation over food be it official meetings or a party or anything food serves as a connection. I hope you all will agree with my perception. Are you fantasising what to have in lunch? How about a bowl of Rajma served with some hot rice with a dollop of ghee and onion rings? The thought of this traditional combo makes my mouth start watering.

“Finger licking Rajma served with steamed jeera rice” The authentic comforting food can satiate you completely Isn’t? You must be wondering why I gave the blog title as Rajma Stories. Everyone has his or her story associated with Rajma and rice. Whether its mother’s love served with extra ghee on top or enjoying rajma rice with your friend in a Dhabba with that chit chat or it can be just cooking for yourself and relishing a mix of rajma chawal. Whatever it may be everyone can link themselves with this grain which is full of proteins and is even healthy.

I have my own rajma story which I am going to narrate with this article. Since childhood, I have always been fond of Rajma chawal prepared by my mom and there can be no comparison in terms of taste, spices as she is the best cook athwart the world. But this Rajma story is associated with my friend who happens to be a great cook. He is an IT consultant. We worked together in an IT company and became good friends as we worked together in a team.

I along with my colleagues planned to organise a party at his place. We all were set to rock the party, lighten up our mood, chill and tantalise our taste buds with some amazing food. The food was to be cooked by my friend and he was really excited to serve all of us. All of my colleagues were fond of non-vegetarian food. Butter chicken masala, jeera rice, some hot chapattis, along with some drinks were served for all of them. However, I was a vegetarian and was wondering what to eat. To my surprise, for me there was Rajma served with hot jeera rice and salad. I was amazed and felt truly blessed to have my favourite food which was prepared just for my sake. I along with my colleagues were grateful for the hospitality, finger licking food which indeed made our day.

This incident made me relate our bond of friendship with red kidney beans and made me realise that how food can serve as a medium in blossoming of friendship between two individuals.       

Is Rajma and rice your recipe of happiness? Do let me know in the comments section below and share your emotional connection with your Rajma stories. Will keep on posting more food stories. Till then stay safe and enjoy your comforting food.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting: The New Age Buzz

How Coronavirus: A serious pandemic are caused by hidden global warming